E.ON Russia is the most efficient company in the thermal power generation sector in the Russian Federation. The main activity is the production and sale of electric and heat energy and power.
The client set the following tasks for us:
- Development of possible options for using virtualization technologies, cloud services and thin clients;
- Assessment of the potential benefits and economic effect of options for their use;
- Creation of the concept of using cloud services, virtualization and thin clients in the interests of the customer.
After assessing the current state of IT in the organization, Softline developed an economic model that allowed them to estimate the cost of ownership and the return on investment when introducing new technologies. As a result, the concept of using cloud services, virtualization and thin clients in the organization was developed and a portfolio of projects was formed.
Implementation of the project will allow E.ON Russia to achieve the following results:
- To increase the efficiency of management and the speed of making decisions online;
- To increase the economic efficiency of the IT infrastructure operation (taking into account its scaling) by 30%;
- To increase the efficiency of using resources (energy, human, etc.) by 40%.
“While developing the concept of using cloud services for E.ON Russia, we faced an interesting task: it was required not only to compare different architectures, but also to substantiate the economic efficiency of the transition to new technologies. As part of the project, we developed an economic model that allowed us to estimate the cost of ownership and the return on investment when introducing new technologies. This approach allowed us to offer the customer not only a technologically innovative, but also an economically optimal solution.”
Nikolay Agrinsky, head of IT Strategies Department at Softline